MENTAL WELLNESS THROUGH ALTERNATIVE THERAPY
If you or a loved one needs immediate assistance, call the VETERANS CRISIS HOTLINE - WWW.VETERANSCRISISLINE.NET at 1-800-273-8255 and press 1, OR send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day.
Our application process is currently closed. Applicaiton process reopens April 2024
WHERE YOUR DONATIONS ARE GOING AND HOW VETERANS USE THE GRANT PROGRAM:
Financial Assistance for Veterans: The SDP Grant provides gap financial assistance to veterans who are not able to attend alternative therapy due to program or transportation costs. Costs such as hotel, airfare, gas, food can be covered for the veteran ensuring their opportunity to heal through a program that fits their needs. Alternative therapies such as yoga, art therapy, horse, fishing, surfing, diving, outdoor and music therapies have been proven to be incredibly effective in providing veterans with the tools they need to cope with the challenges of post-military life, as well as providing an outlet for the stress and trauma they may have experienced.
Note: While we want to assist all that apply, that is not realistic due to our limited financial and human resources. Our priority is to rank and process the most critical cases. We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests for financial help for military families. As a result, you may encounter some delay in the processing of your case. We appreciate your patience.
- Proof of all household income (i.e., most recent LES or RAS, civilian pay, disability benefits, etc.)
- 2 months of Bank checking and savings statements, Information re: 401K accounts, retirement accounts, stock, bonds, etc.
- If wounded, provide documentation or other official record of a wound, illness, or injury being sustained in the line of duty.
- If active duty, provide orders and/or deployment orders.
- Veterans must provide DD214, the Veteran’s character of discharge or service must be Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions).
- Any documents to help verify, support and illustrate the applicant’s current critical needs.
- Three Character References (personal and professional).
- A credit report will be pulled (this will not impact our decision for your application; however, it will determine the custom financial counseling you will receive if awarded).
- A criminal background will be conducted. We will not award convicted felons.