MILIARY & VETERAN EMERGENCY GRANT (MVEG)
– CRITICAL HELP FOR CRITICAL TIMES
STOP DROP & PUSH CAMPAIGN GRANT (SDPG)
– MENTAL WELLNESS THROUGH ALTERNATIVE THERAPY
The suicide rate among veterans is alarmingly high, with 22 veterans dying by suicide every day in the United States (according to a VA study. Since this study, the rate has dropped to approximately 20 per day). That is why VETCares established the Stop Drop & Push Campaign Grant (SDP). Alternative therapies such as yoga, art therapy, horse, fishing, surfing, diving, outdoor and music therapies is proven to be incredibly effective in providing veterans with the tools they need to cope with the challenges of post-military life, as well as providing an outlet for the stress and trauma they may have experienced. By investing in these types of therapies, we can help our veterans lead healthy, meaningful lives.
If you are a veteran in crisis or a loved one of a veteran, please call the Veteran Crises Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and/ or and or visit
CALLOWAY CLOSING COST GRANT (CCCG)
– HOME BUYER HOUSING ASSISTANCE
VETCares’ Calloway Closing Cost Grant (CCCG) offers qualified low-to-moderate (based upon HUD guidelines) first-time service members and veteran home buyers $2,000 when purchasing a home. This grant can be used towards closing costs such as title insurance, appraisal fees, and other related expenses.
agent and deacon, he was an original board member of our sister company (USA Homeownership Foundation, Inc.) and served in different posts including the local chapter, state director, and national board. He is missed but his legacy lives on.
TRAUMA THRIVER GRANT (TTG)
– MILITARY SEXUAL TRAUMA (MST) & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HEALING
VETCares’ Trauma Thriver Grant offers support to victims of MST and domestic violence. The grants can help provide necessary resources to ensure that victims of
trauma are able to access the support they need to heal and recover.
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST) is a serious issue that affects many service members and veterans; it is important that we do all we can to provide support and assistance to those who have experienced it. We must continue to advocate for and provide grants to help those affected by military sexual trauma access the care and resources they need to heal and move forward with their lives.
- Domestic violence within the military and veteran communities is high (according to studies and statistics). We must take action to ensure victims are safe and supported. Our grants can help individuals access services, such as counseling and legal assistance, to help them reclaim their lives after experiencing domestic violence and becoming victorious.
CAMPCARES HEALING GRANT (CCHG)
– OUTDOOR PEER HEALING RETREATS
CampCares is designed to provide outdoor healing peer therapy retreats including hunting, fishing, back- country hiking, conservation, equine therapy, and meditation programs that are immersed in nature’s solitude to heal the soul.
to take Veterans and/or their families out for one day, or several days in a row. When the programs are done for the day program participants will meet back at basecamp for dinner and professionally led Peer therapy.
VEHICLE & PROPERTY DONATIONS PROGRAM (VPDP)
– DONATE A CAR/VEHICLE OR REAL ESTATE
Whether you are looking to donate vehicles or real estate, we have a streamline process to turn your donations into program dollars. Money that ensure veterans have access to the resources they need to overcome economic, social, and personal challenges and build a better future for themselves and their families.