To be an elite provider of sustainable assistance to military, veterans, and their families.
STOP DROP & PUSH CAMPAIGN
The Stop, Drop, and Push Campaign ispart of the Veterans Assiciation of Real Estate
Professionals' (VAREP) philanthropic platform of giving back (VAREP is a 501c.3 non-profit
focused om housing for veterans).
While VAREP's focus has been on veteran housing, we cannot stand idly by while our brothers and
sisters remail part of the 22 statistic.
STOP, DROP, & PUSH MISSION
To lead the charge in eliminating the 22 daily veteran suicides; by creating awareness and connecting veterans to alternative therapy so our heroes can rediscover their purpose.
BEING PART OF THIS CAMPAIGN IS AS EASY AS 1, 2, & 3!
- Get on social media and do 22 pushups to raise awareness for the 22 veterans lost each day to suicide, then donate $22 to Stop Drop, and Push
- Tag 5 of your friends and challenge them to do 22 pushups & donate $22 to SDP
- Challenge THOSE 5 friends to each challenge 5 friends to do pushups and donate $22
WHERE YOUR DONATIONS ARE GOING
Education: Facilitate “Veteran Wellness – Let’s Talk” Seminars across America to discuss suicide prevention strategies, provide real solutions, and share resources to veterans and all that want to make a difference in veteran lives.
National Database: We carefully vet every Provider in our database and update regularly to ensure veterans are being connected with top-notch organizations.
Financial Grants: We provide financial assistance to veterans who are not able to attend alternative therapy due to program or transportation costs.
Camp Healing: We are building a Veteran Healing Lodge in Pray, MT in Paradise Valley. The Camp will provide alternative therapy retreats including hunting, fishing, hiking, conservation, horse therapy, as well as, be immersed in nature’s solitude to heal the soul. The Lodge will organize the therapies and local guides to take the Veterans out for one day or several days then meet back at the lodge for dinners and brother/sister bonding around the campfires and/or have solitude under the Montana skies.
MILITARY VETERAN EMERGENCY GRANT
We may not be able to end the epidemic of homelessness among the veteran community, but we can prevent it from happening in the future, one veteran at a time.
The Military Veteran Emergency Grant qualifies active duty or veterans with critical needs such as overdue bills, rent/ mortgage, groceries, auto payment/ insurance, auto repair, child & dependent, and critical baby items.
The categories below serve as a guideline to the assistance we provide. If your need is not listed below, we encourage you to apply if you feel that your request is reasonable and critical.
- Auto payment and assitance
- Auto repair
- Child and dependent care
- Critical baby items
- Emergency dental
- Food assistance/ Groceries
- Essential home items
- Must be able to prove need is essential & urgent
- Moving & relocation
- Rent & Mortgage
VAREP Cares has limited resources, please make sure you read everything below before applying. Requests from ineligible individuals will not be considered and delay our ability to assist eligible applicants. If you are not eligible under our criteria listed below, we will point you in the right direction for other resources that may be better able to assist you with your needs.
Note: Only apply if you meet the criteria and can provide verifying documentation.
Criteria and Documentation Required
- Proof of household income (i.e. most recent LES or RAS, civilian pay, disability benefits, etc.)
- If wounded, provide documentation or other official record of a wound , illness, or injury being sustained in the line of duty.
- If active duty, provide orders and/or deployment orders. Veterans must provide DD214, the Veteran's character of discharge or service must be honorable or General( Under Honorable Conditions)
- Any documents to help verity, support, and illustrate the applicants current critical needs.
- Three character references (personal and professional).
- A credit report will be pulled (this will not impact our decision for your application, however it will determine the custom financial counseling you will receive if awarded).
- A criminal background will be conducted. We will not award to convicted felons.
- Provide 2 month bank statements (checking and savings).
- Willingness to be on a Zoom call interview.
- Anything else you wish to provide to support your needs.
All active duty veterans (released it honorable or released under conditions other than dishonorable) that meet our criteria may be eligible for assistance from VAREP Cares' Military Veteran Emergency Grant.
Note: While we want to assist all that apply, that iis not realistic due to our limited financial and human resources. Our priority is to rank and process the most critical cases. Approved applicants will be awarded within the last week of each quarter.
Application - (1st Day through the 10th Day of Each Month)
- Applications are accepted for thew first 10 days of the month.
- Applicants can apply online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Please have all verifying documents ready at the time of application
- The application period will close at 11:59 on the 10th day of each month
Evaluation - (11st Day through the 25th Day of Each Month)
- Caseworkers will process, analyze, and begin to prioritize applications based on the critical needs
- We emphasize that you put your best foot forward and submit a complete application illustrating your situation completely.
- Applicants may receive a phone interview to determine if our short-term assistance can help put families on the long path to long term financial stability.
- Must be available for a Zoom interview (if applicable).
Notifications/ Award - (26st Day through the 31st Day of Each Month)
- Final funding decisions are made.
- Caseworkers will notify clients about the statue of their application and begin to process payments.
- Caseworkers will notify those who will not receive assistance. Applicants who do not receive assistance in any month and continue to experience challenges may re-apply monthly.
Post Award Requirements
- All applicants that receive assistance will be required to complete financial literacy education classes. Additionally, they will receive one-on-one counseling services free of charge for a period of two-years to ensure long-term financial stability.
CALLOWAY CLOSING COST GRANT
This grant is offered to qualified first-time active-duty and veteran home buyers who need a hand up when purchasing a home.
Named after Sr. Chief Robert Calloway. A real estate agent and deacon, he was an original VAREPer and served in different posts including the VAREP national board. He is missed but his legacy lives on.