CALLOWAY CLOSING COST GRANT
This grant is offered to qualified first-time active-duty and veteran home buyers who need a hand up when purchasing a home. Named after Sr. Chief Robert Calloway. A real estate agent and deacon, he was an original VAREPer and served in different posts including the VAREP national board. He is missed but his legacy lives on.
Thank you for your interest in applying to one of our VETCares programs. At this time we are no longer accepting applications. Please revisit our website in the future for program updates and application submissions.
VetCares, Inc, through its partnership with the Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals is pleased to offer the Calloway Closing cost Grant Program. The CCCG Program helps potential homebuyers bridge the affordability gap by proving them with a $2,000 closing cost assistance grant to cover a portion of their closing cost. The $2,000 grant is for eligible households to be used towards closing costs for the purchase of a home.
The program is intended for low to moderate income (120% AMI and below) first time home buyers who purchase any eligible property.
In order to effectively determine your eligibility, please complete this application as thoroughly and accurately as possible. The application, along with all required documents, must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to any closing date. When you are qualified you will be issued a letter of approval that will remain valid for 90 days.
Phase 1: Documents to be submitted with application to determine eligibility.
- Proof of all household income (i.e. most recent LES or RAS, civilian pay, disability benefits, etc.)
- If wounded, provide documentation or other official record of a wound, illness, or injury being sustained in the line of duty.
- If active duty, provide orders and/or deployment orders.
- Veterans must provide DD214, the Veteran’s character of discharge or service must be Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions).
- Any documents to help verify, support and illustrate the applicant’s current critical needs.
- Three Character References (personal and professional).
- A credit report will be pulled (this will not impact our decision for your application, however it will determine the custom financial counseling you will receive if awarded).
- A criminal background will be conducted. We will not award to convicted felons.
- Proof of Military Status Examples: DD Form 214, VA Medical Center ID Card, Military Retiree Identification, Veteran Identification Data, USDVA letter verifying service.
Phase 2: Documents to be submitted by first mortgage lender 10 days prior to closing.
- Loan Estimate
- Escrow instructions with vesting
- Preliminary Title Report with wire instructions
- Verification of Employment
- Closing Disclosure
- Homebuyer Education Certificate of Completion with Neighborhood